Sunday, November 6, 2011

Getting Ready

How am I ever going to leave this?


The past few days have been a whirlwind of errands, checklists, and tearful goodbyes. 
Leaving Beach Babies was much more difficult than I had anticipated. 
I didn't realize just how attached I had become to all my amazing coworkers and of course, all my darling babies! But, I am so incredibly thankful to have had the opportunity to see so many amazing little babies grow, learn, play, and love. I will truly miss each and every one of them!

While I still have NO idea what to expect to find in Italy, I am learning to trust myself. 
Here is what I am expecting, however.
I am expecting to struggle. 
I am expecting to cry. 
I am expecting that there will be days where I will feel incredibly lonely, and all I will want is a hug from my mama. 
I am expecting to make new friends. (Who will hug me when my mom cant.)
I am expecting to have experiences I will never forget.
I am expecting to get lost.
I am expecting to find clarity in some of the things I have been questioning.
I am expecting to be totally broke when I come home.
I am expecting the unexpected.

I want this journey to be something that truly gives me the strength and confidence that I sometimes feel like I am lacking. I want, and I need, to learn independence.
I just hope three months is enough time to do that!

Before I begin my journey, I wanted to say thank you to all the people that have helped me get here. Thank you to all the people in my life who have challenged me, pushed me, and told me that I am capable of much bigger things. Believing in myself is something that has never come easy to me, but I am now being forced to do just that.

Last but not least, I hope that somewhere along the way, I find the perfect plate of spaghetti! 
Because who doesn't love spaghetti?! 
Nobody. 
That's who.

Until next time...
Peace, Love, and Pasta,
Ciao!

-AT

No comments:

Post a Comment